Senior Team Leader, Technical R&D Div.
Bachelor Degree in Industrial Chemistry, Nihon University, JAPAN
- 15 years of experience in underfill development
- Extensive technical knowledge & experience in underfills, adhesives and UV materials
- EPOXY RESIN COMPOSITION AND SEMICONDUCTOR SEALING MATERIAL USING SAME : JP4965715(TW547520)
- Flip-chip package technology has been continuing development by the demand of higher performance and speed, miniaturization, and technology node of next generation. In addition, Flip chip package devices have been expanded to use in wide variety of applications. It is being used under high temperature environments, such as automotive devices.
- The reliability of automotive application is specified by AEC-Q100 and it is necessary to satisfy Grade 0 (-65 °C / 150 °C ) TCT condition. Grade 0 is severe than condition B (-55 °C / 125 °C ) which is a general electronic component reliability condition. Underfill must stand up to high temperature.
- High Tg Underfill is effective solution for improvement of bump protection at high temperature; however, high Tg Underfill increases stress. High Underfill stress has a concern for the risk of Underfill crack. Underfill crack would induce the delamination and low-k damage. Therefore, Underfill for automotive is necessary to achieve both high Tg and lower Undefill stress.
- This presentation discusses the Underill design considering Grade 0 for automotive.
- In addition, I will discuss the Underfill development about high thermal conductivity considering the high heat dispersion for high throughput image processing and possible to operate in severe temperature condition assumed the use in ADAS(Advanced Driver Assistance System), and I will present about Underfill development for board level package corresponding to double side mounting board, and reworkable.